Singapore Citizenship Application
- Go to ICA submit application form early and wait for interview on the
or submit via e-SC portal and make appointment for interview (Pay
$100 Nets/CashCard for Offline or CreditCard if Online)
ICA address:Citizen Services Centre
6th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road Singapore 208718
- Received Approval in-principle letter by post (3 to 6 months after submmission of the application, check your mail box every day)
- Accomplish tasks (within 2 months):
- Singapore Citizenship e-Journey (can do later, book the other 2 tasks first)
- Singapore Experiential Tour (quickly book, email admin if no open session within 2 months of expiry date)
- Community Sharing Session (quickly book, email admin if no open session within 2 months of expiry date)
- Received Citizenship approval outcome by post (mine took 1 week, check your mail box every day).
An appointment date for citizenship registration will be arranged (can change date up to 5 times, skip up to 2 times.
Url to change appointment: https://eappointment.ica.gov.sg (choose Citizenship Registration service from drop-down menu).
- Make an appointment with Notary Public lawyer firm to help you declare your intention to renounce.
You will be asked by admin staff to sign a printed Declaration Letter in front of the Lawyer.
Your Declaration Letter will be sent to Singapore Academy of Law (SAL) for legalization. (Overall fee was $176.75 that time)
Document to prepare before meeting with Notary Public lawyer:
- Original and Photocopy of Approval letter from ICA
- Original and Photocopy of Current Indonesia Passport
- Original and Photocopy of Indonesia IC (KTP), if you have it
- Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate (Akte kelahiran)
- Original and Photocopy of Indonesia Citizenship certificate (SKBRI), if you have it
- Original (optional) and Photocopy of Family Card (Kartu Keluarga)
- Original and Photocopy of Singapore PR IC
Public Notary address & contact no.:Tan, Lee & Choo Advocates & Solicitors
1 Park Road #04-04 People’s Park Complex Singapore 059108
Tel: 6535 6077
- Collect an envelop at Notary Public after 3 working days (Was submitted on Wednesday around 12:00PM and collected on Friday afternoon).
- Bring the envelop to Ministry of Foreign Affairs (The legalisation will be done on the spot and costs another $10 pay by Nets/Cashcard only)
MFA Info (choose 'Legalisation of Document' tab): http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/consular_information/for_singapore_citizens/consular_services.html
- Finally go to the Indonesian Embassy in the morning to submit the renunciation forms (Those taken from notary public) together with those legalized documents.
Counter at the second floor on the right side after stair, no queue number needed just approach clerk directly.
You will be asked to sign one of the renunciation form after the stamp at the cost of $2 which be paid on the spot.
You will be given an acknowledgement receipt after all the process is done and being asked to make payment on first floor ($32).
It will take roughly 5-7 working days for the Renunciation Letters to be ready for collection.
Embassy address & contact no.:Embassy of The Republic of Indonesia
No. 7 Chatsworth Road Singapore 249761
Tel: 6737 7422
- Collect your formal Renunciation Letters & birth cert from Indonesian Embassy in the afternoon (Was submitted on Monday collected on Friday).
- Submit the formal Renunciation Letters (plus a copy of each) and 4 photos (taken from 2nd floor) to ICA
on the appointed date at 6th floor.
At the first round you will be registering Citizenship, pay $70 and been given a form to apply for Singapore Passport. You will asked to wait to be served for the sub sequence rounds. You can use the waiting time to fill in the passport application form given to you.
Secondly after waiting, you will be served to register your IC and pay $10. Again you will have to wait for the last part of the day, in which is taking the Oath. After taking the Oath before you leave ICA, drop your passport application form in the box on the left side of the corridor in your way out. Overall it takes about 2 hours for the whole process and waiting time.
- In one week time, you will received a Passport Collection Notification Card (that looks like a postcard). You will then have to based on the card Ref. No. to made an e-appointment for your collection. You can choose either to collect it from ICA or available SingPost near you. Note for SingPost collection, you will have to wait at least 3 days to be ready and pay $10 for the fee.
Url to made appointment: https://eappointment.ica.gov.sg (choose Collection of Passport service from drop-down menu)
- Citizenship Ceremony, the long waiting is ending at last. I had waited the invitation letter for more than 5 months. Some are fast and some are not, depends on your luck. Things that I encountered during the possession of temporary IC slip is that, I couldn't apply credit card nor register a cell phone number.